3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
Game day is just two days away, and the buzz around Oxford is picking up, as the Ole Miss fan base prepares for a big-time atmosphere against Texas A&M. It should be a good contest between two teams trying to bounce back from disappointing performances a week ago.
Here are 3 things to know:
- Ole Miss got relatively good news on the injury front Wednesday. Coach Hugh Freeze said safety Trae Elston has passed all of the concussion protocol tests and is cleared to play against the Aggies. However, defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche still has some tests to pass in order to be cleared, and that could come today.
- This weekend’s big game will bring in an impressive crop of talent on recruiting visits, and the visitors don’t much bigger than the nation’s No. 1 quarterback, Shea Patterson. The Rebel commit, who wants to be a mid-year enrollee, is using his official visit this weekend, and he might just bring some of buddies at IMG Academy with him.
- Sticking with the recruiting news, one of the nation’s top cornerbacks, Trayvon Mullen, cut down his list of schools this week, and Ole Miss was one of several SEC schools who made the cut.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal had an in-depth interview with Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork Wednesday. Bjork talked about everything from the Laremy Tunsil-NCAA situation to facility upgrades across multiple sports.
- Ole Miss basketball was selected to finish ninth in the SEC, and senior guard Stefan Moody was named preseason first team all-SEC.