Happy Monday, Ole Miss fans!
It was as good of a weekend as you could have asked for if you’re a Rebels’ fan. Ole Miss got a big win against Texas A&M, and now, a matchup against Auburn on the road is on the horizon.
The Rebels remain in control of their own destiny, and if they take care of business over the next two weeks, Ole Miss will have a bye week to get ready for a Nov. 21 showdown vs. LSU that could potentially be an SEC West title game.
Here are 3 things to know:
- Ole Miss did what it had to against Texas A&M, and now, hope remains for an SEC West championship. Here are my grades from the Rebels’ big win.
- With the win, Ole Miss jumped back into the top 20 in this week’s Associated Press Poll. Everyone counted the Rebels out after the loss to Memphis, but if Ole Miss gets two wins in the next couple weeks, they’ll be sniffing the top 10 heading into that LSU game.
- If you didn’t notice, Ole Miss had quite a few notable attendees in Oxford this weekend, including actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse and country singer Josh Kelley. Here’s a reaction from the Rebels’ fan base on Twitter.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ben Garrett and Sudu Upadhyay of the Ole Miss Spirit broke down what Ole Miss’ win over Texas A&M means in a podcast on Rebel Sports Radio.
- Things often become a little clear after taking some time to process what happens on Saturdays. Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal gives his day after observations on the Rebels’ big win.