Is it Monday already? Unfortunately it is, but on the bright side, Ole Miss stayed undefeated on Saturday in picking up its fourth victory of the season against Vanderbilt. Here are the top Ole Miss stories to start your week:
- Twitter Reactions: Ole Miss didn’t quite receive the same reaction on Twitter for beating Vanderbilt on Saturday as it did for winning in Tuscaloosa the week prior, but Ole Miss alumni still took to social media to celebrate the 27-16 win over the Commodores.
- Ole Miss moves up to No. 3 in AP Polls: The Rebels took over sole possession of No. 3 in the latest AP Top 25 Poll.
- SEC Country Poll: SEC Country released its officially weekly conference poll Sunday evening, and Ole Miss stayed ranked No. 1 in the conference.
- Twitter Wars: Rebels coach Hugh Freeze and his players have turned the page to next week, so why wouldn’t the fans? The Oxford and Gainesville police departments took to Twitter to express their dislike for each other. Ole Miss and Florida will square off next week in The Swamp.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- The Rebels’ focus suffered leading into the Vanderbilt game on Saturday. Daniel Paulling of The Clarion-Ledger tries to answer why. Ole Miss certainly didn’t impress in its victory over Vanderbilt, but SB Nation’s Red Cup Rebellion argues Rebels fans shouldn’t panic about the lackluster performance.
- It’s never too early to look ahead to the future. Bleacher Report asks if Ole Miss can bring in the top recruiting class in 2016.
Best stories around the SEC
- Top 5 bone-headed moves in the SEC, Week 4
- Tyrann Mathieu, Eric Reid swap jerseys after NFL game
- The SEC’s Big Picture: Florida is an instant contender out of the East
- Florida moves up to No. 7 in SEC Power Poll
- Nation’s No. 1 prospect loves Herschel Walker, will visit UGA
The newest FOX Four is here. The committee welcomes UCLA to its hypothetical bracket. http://t.co/FIMJCqJART
— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) September 27, 2015