4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Tuesday, Ole Miss fans!
The countdown to kickoff between Ole Miss and LSU inches closer, and the Grove will undoubtedly be packed in the wee hours of Saturday morning. The matchup features two teams that are coming off losses to Arkansas, but Ole Miss at least had a bye week to gather itself before the final two games of the regular season.
Here are four things to know:
- With both Ole Miss and LSU entering Saturday off a loss, the two teams will have to have the right mindset after having their dreams dashed.
- One of the biggest keys for the Rebels will be their ability to slow down LSU star running back Leonard Fournette, who coach Hugh Freeze had very high praise for Monday.
- One of the players trying to stop Fournette will be Ole Miss junior defensive back Tony Conner, who will play in his second game since tearing his meniscus against Alabama on Sept. 19. Conner is “about 60 percent” healthy, according to Freeze.
- Ole Miss’ regular-season finale against Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl will be a night game on Nov. 28, as the SEC released the start times for Week 14.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Although Ole Miss was on a bye last week, the Rebels stayed put in this week’s SEC Country Power Rankings.
- The results on the field won’t be the only thing that matters this weekend for Ole Miss, as the nation’s top prospect, defensive tackle Rashan Gary, is set to be in town on an official visit, Gary’s mother confirmed with SEC Country.
- Two weeks later, the Rebels are set to host another top-flight recruit, as the nation’s top running back, Kareem Walker, told 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow that he will visit Ole Miss.