4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, Ole Miss fans.
I bet it was a little easier to get out of bed to go to work this morning, as the Rebels are fresh off a dominating win over rival LSU. Savor the feeling for now, but get ready for a quick turnaround, as the Egg Bowl is just days away. There should be plenty of back-and-forth fodder for everyone at the water cooler this week, which will make for a fun game on Saturday.
Here are four things to know:
- Before you move on to the Bulldogs, check out the grades I handed out for the Ole Miss’ win against LSU. There was a lot of good, some room to improve and a lot of in between. Nevertheless, a win is a win, especially when it comes against the Tigers.
- With the win, Ole Miss saw a pretty sizable jump in this week’s AP poll. However, the Rebels’ next opponent, Mississippi State, also jumped back into polls this week.
- Several former Rebels took to Twitter to express their pleasure with Ole Miss getting the big win. Check out the best reactions here.
- Speaking of the Egg Bowl, Ole Miss opened as a slight favorite over Mississippi State. With both offenses entering the contest on fire, it should make for quite a showdown between the two rivals.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss basketball sustained its second loss of the season at the hands of Seton Hall on Sunday. The Rebels went 1-2 in their first tournament of the season and have a lot to fix if they hope to make anything of this season.
- The Rebels soccer team also fell Sunday, as their NCAA Tournament run came to an end in a loss to Texas A&M in the Sweet Sixteen. Ole Miss played the Aggies into overtime but lost 5-4 in penalty kicks. It was the most successful season in Ole Miss soccer history.