Happy Tuesday, Ole Miss fans.
National Signing Day is one day away, and the Rebels coaching staff is putting the final touches on the 2016 recruiting class. There will be a lot happening behind the scenes before it’s finally all public on Wednesday. That should provide for some entertaining drama.
Here are four things to know:
- Ole Miss can likely take up to seven more players in this recruiting cycle, and here is a list of the Rebels’ five most desired remaining uncommitted targets.
- There’s one player Ole Miss fans can mark off their lists, as the nation’s top overall prospect narrowed his choices to two, and no SEC team made the cut.
- The NCAA violations across three sports at Ole Miss should not hurt the Rebels on the recruiting trail since most of the violations are in women’s basketball and track and field. However, the timing of Friday’s report is still puzzling.
- Ole Miss could add another player to its roster in the coming months, as a Memphis linebacker has his sights set on transferring to the Rebels.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Want a further breakdown of what the NCAA violations mean for Ole Miss football? Jason Kirk of SB Nation has you covered. It’s safe to say, there’s not much to worry about if you’re a Rebels fan.
- Ole Miss’ success on the field and on the recruiting trail has come as a surprise to many. The Associated Press’ David Brandt has a nice feature on the Rebels’ rise to the SEC’s elite.