Well, the weekend is over and a new week begins. And although that loss column has an ugly “1” in it, all hope is not lost. This week, all frustrations can be mercilessly taken out upon New Mexico State.
But before that can happen, there is some news that you need to catch up on.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- It was not a great day for Ole Miss in the polls. The Rebels dropped more than a couple of spots in the AP Poll following Saturday’s loss. The good news: there is still time to climb back into the College Football Playoff picture.
- The AP Poll wasn’t the only ranking in which Ole Miss slid. The Official SEC Country Power Poll no longer has the Rebels at the No. 1 spot.
- Ole Miss still has the backing of its alumni. Twitter was full of support from notable school alumni, including several former football players who aren’t giving up on this season.
- Not all news out of Florida is bad for the Rebels. One of the state’s 4-star wide receiver prospects has a few official visit destinations in mind, and Oxford, Miss., might just be one of his destinations.
Other Ole Miss news from around the web:
- The Clarion Ledger explained just what went wrong with the game plan against Florida on Saturday.
- This week is the Rebels’ Homecoming game, and Ole Miss released a schedule of events for the upcoming week.