4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
It’s officially Texas A&M week, and despite the doom and gloom surrounding the Rebels since Saturday’s loss to Memphis, the game with the Aggies is a very big one.
A loss to Texas A&M could potentially lead to the Rebels spiralling out of control down the stretch, but a win could get Ole Miss the momentum it needs to end the season on a strong note.
Here are four things to know:
- Ole Miss undoubtedly has plenty of things to correct if it wants any chance to take down the Aggies. I highlighted those issues in my report card following the loss to Memphis.
- With Saturday’s loss, the Rebels fell to No. 24 in the Associated Press Top 25. Ole Miss also came in at No. 23 in the Amway Coaches’ Poll.
- Several former Rebels shared their thoughts on Ole Miss’ loss to Memphis on Twitter, including Deuce McAllister and Donte Moncrief.
- Despite the negative vibes surrounding Ole Miss, the Rebels opened as the favorite against Texas A&M in Vegas.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- USA Today’s Dan Wolken touches on Ole Miss in a roundup of what was a crazy Week 7 in college football. Wolken says this season may go down as a “missed opportunity” when it’s all said and done, and it’s hard to argue.
- Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit wrote a column on what the loss to Memphis does for the Rebels. It was the year Ole Miss was supposed to make a run at SEC and national titles, but it has fallen short with a ton of football left to play.
- Ole Miss fans are looking for anyone and everyone to blame for the Rebels’ two losses, and some interesting comments made by offensive coordinator Dan Werner following Saturday’s game have folks very irritated. Red Cup Rebellion took a look what Werner had to say