4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
All the attention has officially turned to the Arkansas Razorbacks, who comes to Oxford to face the Rebels Saturday. Many fans are already looking ahead to the Nov. 21 showdown against LSU for what could potentially be one of the biggest games in school history. However, the Rebels have to get through a dangerous Arkansas team this weekend.
Here are four things to know:
- The biggest news from Monday came from coach Hugh Freeze at his weekly press conference when he announced that junior defensive back Tony Conner will return to action against Arkansas. Obviously, that’s a huge addition to the Landshark defense.
- Last season, the Razorbacks shutout Ole Miss out 30-0, and that certainly didn’t sit well with Freeze, who admitted that he’s glad to have another shot at the Arkansas defense.
- The Rebels have been playing better as of late thanks to a couple of players stepping up their game, but there’s always room for improvement. Here’s my stock report for Ole Miss following the win against Auburn.
- There was no movement for Ole Miss in the Official SEC Country Power Poll this week, as the Rebels stayed put at No. 4. There will be some shakeup at the top in next week’s rankings with Alabama and LSU battling it out in Tuscaloosa this weekend.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- The Rebels are a hot name on the recruiting trail right now, and that’s proven again, as 5-star Mecole Hardman, Jr., has set up an official visit to Ole Miss for the LSU game in a few weeks.
- Chuck Rounsaville of the Ole Miss Spirit wrote a nice feature on Rebels wide receiver Collins Moore, who has done a nice job of taking over the punt return duties. Moore is a fifth-year senior who has now found a way to contribute each game.
- Rob Cassidy of Rivals.com took an in-depth look at 5-star quarterback commit Shea Patterson. The talented signal caller is the headline of what could be the best recruiting class in Ole Miss history.
The best stories around the SEC
- Report: UGA “power brokers” discussing a departure from Mark Richt era
- Attorney for fired Auburn baseball coach: Athletic department is “rotten”
- Dan Mullen reflects on fifth anniversary of former Mississippi State player’s death
- LSU radio broadcaster will miss first football game in over 30 years
- AP basketball preseason poll: Kentucky is not No. 1