4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
The loss to Arkansas will definitely take a while to get over. The Rebels offense played superb, and the game looked like it was over twice. Nevertheless, Ole Miss has to find a way to put that game behind them, use the bye week to get rested and get ready for a tough matchup vs. LSU on Nov. 21.
Here are four things to know:
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was certainly upset following the heartbreaking loss. Freeze said it was tough to look his players in the eye following that crazy turn of events.
- Speaking of the loss, should it have even been a loss? The insane lateral that resulted in an Alex Collins run for a first down looks as though it should’ve been ruled a dead ball as soon as he recovered the ball, according to the NCAA rulebook. However, an ESPN rules expert says the play was legal.
- Some have tabbed Saturday’s game as the best of the year in the SEC, and it definitely had a series of highlight plays. Here’s the seven plays that show you what a game it was.
- Before the game, backup offensive lineman Christian Morris tweeted that his football career was over. Morris sustained a neck injury during Ole Miss’ win against Texas A&M.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- RebelGrove.com put together a nice notebook from Saturday featuring quarterback Chad Kelly’s career day.
- The defense was really to blame for the loss to the Razorbacks. Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen answered Kelly play-for-play, and Ole Miss’ defense had no answer, writes Chuck Rounsaville of the Ole Miss Spirit.
- If you’re a fan of tradition game recaps, here’s the Associated Press story from Saturday’s contest.