Happy Thursday, Ole Miss fans!
There’s been a lot of chatter about Ole Miss’ junior class nearing decision time in regard to the NFL draft. There’s a long time between now and April 28, but it’s lining up to be a huge advertisement for coach Hugh Freeze and his program. Could be huge in recruiting down the road.
Here are four things to know:
- Ole Miss didn’t handle adversity very well a year ago, and the Rebels will certainly be tested against LSU in a week and a half. Ole Miss seems determined to bounce back, but we’ll see when the lights come on.
- Speaking of the NFL talk, Freeze touched on it Wednesday. Luckily for Ole Miss, two big juniors look like they’ll be returning for their senior seasons. That’s huge news for the Rebels.
- Last Friday, Ole Miss offensive lineman Christian Morris tweeted that his football career was over because of a spinal cord contusion he suffered against Texas A&M. However, Morris will still be around the Rebels’ football program, as he will move to a student assistant position to begin his path to becoming a coach.
- Basketball season starts Friday for Ole Miss, but coach Andy Kennedy had his attention turned toward recruiting as the Rebels reeled in five letters of intent during the early signing period.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss is patiently awaiting the decision for 5-star offensive lineman Greg Little, who is set to announce his college decision Friday. Little would be a huge addition to an impressive signing class for the Rebels, and he would be filling a big void at left tackle if Laremy Tunsil declares for the NFL draft as expected. Sanjay Kirpalani and Damon Sayles of Bleacher Report spoke with Little’s mother about the recruiting process on “Recruitniks” on VSporto.
- Here’s a transcript from Freeze’s gathering with the media following Wednesday’s practice, courtesy of Chase Parham of RebelGrove.com.
- Coach Matt Insell has done a terrific job of turning around the Ole Miss women’s basketball program. The Rebels signed a top-20 class that ranked among the best in the SEC Wednesday.