It was a great start to the new year, Ole Miss fans.
One day removed from the Sugar Bowl victory over Oklahoma State, we digested and sifted through all of the reaction.
Here are five things to know:
- The Ole Miss alumni reacted to the Rebels’ rout. Former Rebels wide receiver Donte Moncrief may have had the best tweet.
- Coach Hugh Freeze addressed the performance in his postgame press conference: “We did end the year winning the Magnolia, Egg and Sugar Bowl.” The Rebels reeled off three consecutive wins to end the season.
- Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil rumbled in for touchdown on a slick trick play. Tunsil, a likely first-round pick, may be deserving of more roles on his future NFL team.
- Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell set the single-season reception record. The Rebels standout could also be a first-round pick in the draft.
- Drake Davis chose LSU over Ole Miss. The 4-star wide receiver from IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) had named Ole Miss his leader earlier in the fall.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jeff Duncan wrote a column entitled: Hotty Toddy, gosh almighty, the Ole Miss Rebels are for real. With record-setting offense in the Sugar Bowl, the Rebels proved they were capable of going toe-to-toe against the Big 12’s elite with ease.
- SI.com’s Zac Ellis asked if Ole Miss will take next step? Ole Miss topped Alabama earlier in the season, then shined brightest on the Sugar Bowl stage. Still, when can we expect the Rebels to compete for an SEC title?