7 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
Auburn week is in full force, and you can definitely tell the Rebels remember what happened against the Tigers a year ago (more on that in a bit). Nevertheless, Ole Miss has to like the momentum it built in Saturday’s win against Texas A&M, and the Rebels hope it carries over to the road environment at Auburn.
Here are seven things to know:
- Laquon Treadwell certainly knows who’s up next for Ole Miss. The talented wide receiver broke his leg while trying for the go-ahead score in last season’s loss to Auburn. When he was asked about if he was more motivated going into this week, he simply said, “Absolutely.”
- The Rebels hope to have star defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche back in the mix when they face the Tigers, and coach Hugh Freeze gave an update on Nkemdiche’s status. He also provided the latest on defensive back Tony Conner.
- Speaking of injuries, Freeze also gave a positive update on offensive lineman Christian Morris, who collapsed on his way to the locker room at halftime of this past Saturday’s game against Texas A&M. We certainly hope everything is OK with Morris going forward.
- Ole Miss removed the Mississippi state flag from campus Monday, and Freeze gave his support to the university and hopes the state follows suit soon.
- Are you a fan of gambling? Well, Ole Miss opened as the favorite against Auburn in Vegas. Most sportsbooks had the Tigers as 6.5 point underdogs.
- Following a big win over the Aggies, Ole Miss jumped two spots in this week’s Official SEC Country Power Poll. The Rebels came in at No. 4 in the poll, sandwiched between No. 3 Florida and No. 5 Mississippi State.
- Can’t wait for Ole Miss to get back to Oxford? The Rebels will take on the Arkansas Razorbacks at 3:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 7, and the game will be televised on CBS. Here are the rest of the kickoff times for that week.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Freeze was obviously pleased with his team’s effort in the win against Texas A&M, but on the field isn’t the only place the Rebels are having success. Ole Miss is a hot name on the recruiting trail, and 4-star wide receiver Drake Davis told SEC Country that the Rebels are his No. 1 school right now.
- While we’re on recruiting, 5-star tight end Isaac Nauta visited Ole Miss officially over the weekend, but another SEC West program might also get a visit from the nation’s No. 1 tight end.
- The Rebels basketball program held its media day Monday, and Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com has a nice story on anything and everyting Ole Miss hoops.