The dead period has finally come to an end and Ole Miss coaches hit the recruiting trail hard on Thursday with a brand-new staff.
Wide receivers coach Jacob Peeler is the latest addition to Hugh Freeze’s staff, which has plenty of work to do over the final three weeks of the recruiting season.
With so many new members of the staff, it will be no surprise to see numerous names pop up as potential targets for the Rebels in the countdown to National Signing Day on Feb. 1.
Let’s take a look at where things stoodon the recruiting trail as of Friday.
Where Ole Miss’ 2017 recruiting class ranks
With Ole Miss losing a commitment over the past week, the Rebels fell seven spots in the national rankings to No. 45. Ole Miss now has 14 commitments with a few weeks to go before National Signing Day. There will be more fluctuation in the rankings before Feb. 1. The Ole Miss class ranks just 13th in the SEC, ahead of only Vanderbilt.
Who are Ole Miss’ top commitments?
- 4-star WR D.D. Bowie (Morton, Miss.)
- 4-star ILB Breon Dixon (Loganville, Ga.)
- 3-star WDE Markel Winters (Tallahassee, Fla.)
- 3-star OLB Josh Clarke (New Orleans)
- 3-star S A.J. Harris (Madison, Ala.)
Who committed to Ole Miss this week?
After getting two commitments last week, the Rebels failed to keep that momentum going this week. Commitments will pick up for Ole Miss over the next few weeks, so it should be a crazy ride to February.
Who de-committed from Ole Miss this week?
The Rebels’ slowed momentum also was a result of a de-commitment from 3-star wide receiver R.J. Sneed, who flipped his pledge to Baylor. That hit was a major one for the Rebels’ class ranking, but if there’s any position group that Ole Miss can stand to lose a commitment, it is at wide receiver.
Who are Ole Miss’ top uncommitted prospects?
- 4-star SDE LaBryan Ray (Madison, Ala.)
- 4-star CB Chevin Calloway (Dallas, Texas)
- 4-star OLB Willie Gay (Starkville, Miss.)
- 4-star WDE Chester Graves (Kansas City, Mo.)
- 3-star ATH Kam White (Clinton, Miss.)
- Quarterback (2): Alex Faniel, Jordan Ta’amu
- Wide receiver (1): D.D. Bowie
- Offensive line (2): Ben Brown, Lavante Epson
- Defensive line (3): Ryder Anderson, Markel Winters, Larrell Murchison
- Linebacker (3): Breon Dixon, Josh Clarke, Brenden Williams
- Defensive back (3): A.J. Harris, Jamar Richardson, Javien Hamilton
Geography of Ole Miss’ recruiting class:
North Carolina: 1