Ole Miss bowl projections after 5-1 start
Following a tough loss at Florida two weeks ago, Ole Miss bounced back nicely with a 52-3 win over New Mexico State.
The win didn’t tell us anything about the struggles that doomed the Rebels in the Swamp, but some questions might be answered this weekend against Memphis.
There’s a lot of football to be played, and expectations will likely continue their up-and-down fluctuations all the way to December.
For now, most bowl projections have Ole Miss winding up in the Outback Bowl. Here’s a quick roundup:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) — Citrus Bowl vs. Michigan State
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Fiesta Bowl vs. Utah
- ESPN (Greg Ostendorf) — Outback Bowl (no opponent listed)
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Outback Bowl vs. Iowa
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Outback Bowl vs. Iowa
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Outback Bowl vs. Iowa