Ole Miss got a huge 27-19 road win against Auburn this past Saturday to keep the Rebels in control of their own destiny in the SEC West.
The win marked back-to-back solid performances for Ole Miss, which looks to earn its third straight victory against Arkansas on Saturday. If the Rebels do that, Ole Miss gets a much-needed bye week before hosting LSU on Nov. 21 in what could be a proverbial SEC West championship game.
If all of that happens, the bowl projections are sure to be turned upside down.
For now, the Citrus Bowl is still the popular pick for where Ole Miss will end up in the postseason. Here’s a quick roundup of several bowl projections:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm): LibertyBowl (Memphis, Tenn.) — Ole Miss vs. Kansas State
- CollegeSportsMadness.com: TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Wisconsin
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Michigan
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Iowa
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Michigan
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Iowa
- CampusInsiders.com (Pete Fiutak): TaxSlayer Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Northwestern
- BleacherReport.com (Bryan Fischer): Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Michigan