Ole Miss enters the home stretch of the regular season after welcoming a much-needed bye week. The Rebels still have an outside shot at winning the SEC West, but they will need help.
However, Ole Miss is in prime position for a nice bowl game depending on how it ends the season against LSU this Saturday and Mississippi State on Nov. 28.
For now, there’s no consensus where the Rebels will end up. Here’s a quick roundup of several bowl projections:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm): Texas Bowl (Houston) — Ole Miss vs. West Virginia
- CollegeSportsMadness.com: TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Penn State
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Michigan State
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) — Ole Miss vs. NC State
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk): TaxSlayer Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Penn State
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender): Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) — Ole Miss vs. West Virginia
- CampusInsiders.com (Pete Fiutak): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Wisconsin
- BleacherReport.com (Bryan Fischer): Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) — Ole Miss vs. Nebraska