Ole Miss enters its regular-season finale riding some momentum after a solid win over LSU last Saturday. The Rebels still have a shot at winning the SEC West, but they need help from the Auburn Tigers.
Regardless of the outcome of the Iron Bowl, Ole Miss has plenty to play for outside of the Golden Egg trophy. The winner between Ole Miss and Mississippi State could very well play itself into a Sugar Bowl berth.
For now, it looks like the Citrus Bowl would be the worst-case scenario if Ole Miss wins the Egg Bowl. Here’s a quick roundup of several bowl projections:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm): Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) — Ole Miss vs. Penn State
- CollegeSportsMadness.com: Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Michigan
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Ohio State
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk): Sugar Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Michigan
- CampusInsiders.com (Pete Fiutak): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Iowa
- BleacherReport.com (Bryan Fischer): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Michigan