Ole Miss bowl projections after 9-3 regular season
Ole Miss ended the regular season hotter than any team in the SEC outside of Alabama, and the Rebels’ (9-3, 6-2 SEC) strong finish have them heading into the bowl season with some confidence.
The release of the College Football Playoff rankings Tuesday will go a long way toward showing where Ole Miss will ring in the new year. No matter what happens with the Playoff committee, the Rebels are going to be happy with where they’re headed.
It looks like the Citrus Bowl would be the worst-case scenario, but most projections are pegging Ole Miss to head to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. Here’s a quick roundup of several bowl projections:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm): Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) — Ole Miss vs. Michigan
- CollegeSportsMadness.com: Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Sugar Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Sugar Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- ESPN (Greg Ostendorf): Citrus Bowl — No Opponent Listed
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk): Sugar Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Baylor
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender): Outback (Tampa, Fla.) Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Northwestern
- CampusInsiders.com (Pete Fiutak): Citrus Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Northwestern
- BleacherReport.com (Bryan Fischer): Sugar Bowl — Ole Miss vs. Baylor