KENTWOOD, La. — When Shyheim Carter, Sr. makes his commitment on National Signing Day, it’s not just going to be a decision for himself — it’ll also be made in the best interests of his children.
Carter, a 4-star cornerback from Kentwood High School (La.), has two children: Sh’Niya, 2, and Shyheim Carter, Jr., 1.
Throughout his recruiting process, one school has done a better job than others at treating he and his family right: Ole Miss.
“They weren’t just sending me hand-written letters, but they were also sending my kids hand-written letters and my mom and my grandma,” Carter told SEC Country. “That made me feel like they really care about my kids. They really want to meet my kids, so I’m going to bring my kids up there.”
The U.S. Army All-American says Ole Miss is the only school right now that will host he and his children.
In the video above, you can get the answers to the following questions:
1) Carter has a very strong relationship with a coach at another SEC school. Which school?
2) He has three official visit destinations planned right now. Which schools?
3) How important is to him that he remains a close distance away from his family when he goes to college?
4) He de-committed from Alabama in August. How did the Crimson Tide coaching staff react?
5) One of his best friends is committed to UGA. Is that going to be a factor in his recruitment?