Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
Things are looking up in Oxford following Monday night’s announcement that offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil will be back in the fold soon. Add in a few notable players that will be available this weekend against Memphis, and times are good for Ole Miss.
Let’s get you caught up on all things Ole Miss:
- The announcement that Tunsil will return to action against Texas A&M on Oct. 24 certainly gave the players in the Rebels’ locker room a boost. Tunsil took reps with the second team Tuesday and worked on conditioning.
- Ole Miss was without several key contributors in the Rebels’ blowout of New Mexico State last Saturday, but most of those players will be back this weekend against Memphis.
- Coach Hugh Freeze made some comments during his radio show Monday regarding the status of defensive back Tony Conner, who is sidelined with a meniscus injury. Freeze clarified those comments Tuesday, but did say getting Conner back on the field against the Aggies would be a “stretch.”
- The Outback Bowl was the majority vote for Ole Miss in this week’s bowl projections. See all the projections here.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Hugh Kellenberger of The Clarion-Ledger wrote a column Tuesday on the Tunsil situation. Kellenberger says Ole Miss is fortunate to get its left tackle back this season.
- Ole Miss will undoubtedly get Memphis’ best shot when the Rebels roll into the Liberty Bowl Saturday. Bleacher Report’s Justin Ferguson analyzes if Ole Miss should be on upset alert.
- ESPN’s Edward Aschoff wrote a terrific feature on Ole Miss safety Trae Elston.
Best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State DC Manny Diaz faces former team Saturday
- LSU RB Leonard Fournette goes under the ESPN “Sports Science” microscope
- Bret Bielema responds to claims of instigating personal foul against Alabama
Huge news for Ole Miss fans (and A&M's DC) https://t.co/B40tngvfFu
— Sam Ponder (@sam_ponder) October 13, 2015