4 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
Things are looking up in Oxford following Monday night’s announcement that offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil will be back in the fold soon. Add in a few notable players that will be available this weekend against Memphis, and times are good for Ole Miss.
Let’s get you caught up on all things Ole Miss:
- The announcement that Tunsil will return to action against Texas A&M on Oct. 24 certainly gave the players in the Rebels’ locker room a boost. Tunsil took reps with the second team Tuesday and worked on conditioning.
- Ole Miss was without several key contributors in the Rebels’ blowout of New Mexico State last Saturday, but most of those players will be back this weekend against Memphis.
- Coach Hugh Freeze made some comments during his radio show Monday regarding the status of defensive back Tony Conner, who is sidelined with a meniscus injury. Freeze clarified those comments Tuesday, but did say getting Conner back on the field against the Aggies would be a “stretch.”
- The Outback Bowl was the majority vote for Ole Miss in this week’s bowl projections. See all the projections here.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Hugh Kellenberger of The Clarion-Ledger wrote a column Tuesday on the Tunsil situation. Kellenberger says Ole Miss is fortunate to get its left tackle back this season.
- Ole Miss will undoubtedly get Memphis’ best shot when the Rebels roll into the Liberty Bowl Saturday. Bleacher Report’s Justin Ferguson analyzes if Ole Miss should be on upset alert.
- ESPN’s Edward Aschoff wrote a terrific feature on Ole Miss safety Trae Elston.
Best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State DC Manny Diaz faces former team Saturday
- LSU RB Leonard Fournette goes under the ESPN “Sports Science” microscope
- Bret Bielema responds to claims of instigating personal foul against Alabama
Huge news for Ole Miss fans (and A&M's DC) https://t.co/B40tngvfFu
— Sam Ponder (@sam_ponder) October 13, 2015