3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
Friday is finally here, and that means Rebel football is right around the corner. Thursday was a pretty slow day for Ole Miss, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty of news to get you through the day. After all, it’s only a matter of time before the work day will come to an end and you can make your way to Memphis for the game.
Here are three things to know:
- Ole Miss has won six straight contest against Memphis, but this isn’t your usual Memphis Tigers team. Quarterback Paxton Lynch leads a dynamic offense, and explosive playmakers have a history of success against the Rebels.
- If I told you before the season that Ole Miss would be 5-1 at the midway point, you’d probably take it. Of course, you’d assume the Rebels fell against Alabama on the road and took care of a rebuilding Florida team. Still, Ole Miss controls its own destiny. Here are my grades, awards and record prediction through six games.
- Since coach Hugh Freeze arrived in Oxford four years ago, one his biggest selling points on the recruiting trail has been the family atmosphere he stresses in his program. Looks like it’s paying off in the recruitment of 4-star cornerback Shyheim Carter, Sr.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde wrote a story on what Saturday’s game against Ole Miss means to Memphis.
- Former Ole Miss basketball star Marshall Henderson was waived by the Sacramento Kings on Thursday.
- Sports Illustrated released its projections for the top 100 scorers in college basketball this upcoming season, and Ole Miss guard Stefan Moody came in at No. 3.
- Kiese Laymon of ESPN The Magazine wrote a long-form piece on Ole Miss’ past, present and future.