Nobody knows who hacked former Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil’s Twitter and Instagram accounts Thursday night. Tunsil’s stepfather, Lindsey Miller, denied any involvement.
Miller told TMZ Sports that he had nothing to do with the social media hacks that occurred Thursday night. On Tuesday morning, Miller’s attorney released a statement about the hacks.
“Mr. Miller denies any involvement whatsoever in the events that transpired last night,” Miller’s attorney, Matthew Wilson, said in a statement released Friday morning, via Daniel Paulling of The Clarion-Ledger. “When he learned last night that Mr. Tunsil’s accounts had been backed, he was surprised that the posted content even existed. He condemns the unlawful hacking of Mr. Tunsil’s social media accounts and hopes that whoever is responsible is brought to justice quickly.”
Miller sued Tunsil earlier this week claiming Tunsil physically attacked him and defamed him with a fabrication of the events in June 2015.
A video of Tunsil smoking from a bong was posted just before the NFL draft began and deleted just minutes later. Soon after, an alleged Instagram hack of Tunsil’s account revealed alleged text messages between Tunsil and Ole Miss assistant athletic director for football operations John Miller that showed the star left tackle asking Miller to help him pay his rent and his mother’s electric bill.
Tunsil eventually admitted to taking impermissible benefits from Ole Miss. It’s a revelation that could hold significant ramifications for the Ole Miss football program. It wasn’t a good night for Tunsil all around. The once-projected No. 1 overall pick fell out of the top 10 before landing with the Miami Dolphins at No. 13 overall.
Tunsil's Draft Presser via WBBM. "Was their an exchange between you and your coach for $$?" "I'd have to say, yeah." pic.twitter.com/TqYeOSjOfO
— Robby Donoho (@RobbyDonoho) April 29, 2016