2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Good morning! While Locktober is ending by virtue of Missouri’s bye week, Drew Lock may have made his final start of the season last Saturday against Vanderbilt with the reinstatement of junior quarterback Maty Mauk. And I thought this bye week was going to be boring…
Here are two things you need to know:
- While it remains unclear exactly what Mauk’s role will be moving forward, his return to the practice field will undoubtedly provide a spark to an offense that managed just 36 points in his four-game absence. Prior to his suspension, Mauk passed for 654 yards and six touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Three straight losses have limited Mizzou’s bowl options. And by limited, they are almost nonexistent. The Tigers sit at 4-4 thanks to a three-game skid. With Mississippi State, BYU, Tennessee and Arkansas to close out the schedule, there is a real possibility that the Tigers won’t play in a bowl game for just the second time since 2005.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet
- “We’re so close, yet so far away” is what Mizzou offensive coordinator Josh Henson said about his offense. St. Louis Post-Dispatch broke down all the quotes from Monday’s Tiger Talk.
- The differential between Mizzou’s rank in total offense and total defense is greater than 100, a rarity in college football since 2000. Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison takes a look at the company the Tigers could join and why it’s not a good thing.
- PowerMizzou.com’s Gabe DeArmond handed out his “Top Tigers” for Week 8 and you won’t be surprised at who landed in the top spot (again). *Spoiler Alert* There wasn’t much offensive love given out.