2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Coach Gary Pinkel spoke on Wednesday about the Tigers quarterback situation as they prepare to take on South Carolina this Saturday. Here’s everything you need to know on what SECCountry.com hopes is a fantastic Thursday:
- Gary Pinkel speaks about the quarterback situation heading into Saturday’s game. During Wednesday’s SEC teleconference, Pinkel made it clear that true freshman Drew Lock will get the start at quarterback, and that the offense will not change with Maty Mauk being suspended.
- Get to know Lock before Saturday’s game. When Missouri announced that Mauk was suspended on Tuesday night, it sent shock waves around the college football world. But Lock enters as the starter, and SEC Country put together everything you need to know about the quarterback.
Other Missouri news around the Internet
- 101Sports.com’s Bernie Miklasz talks about the Drew Lock era beginning on Saturday against South Carolina. Miklasz is excited to see what Lock can do, but also cautions fans that he may not be ready because the Missouri offense is filled with inexperienced players at the skill positions.
- CBS Sports’ Brian Jones called into the The Ryan Kelley Morning After show on CBSSports Radio 920 on Wednesday. He and Kelley discussed the Tigers’ quarterback situation and if they can turn the season around. Jones was expecting a change but didn’t see a suspension coming.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Ben Fredrickson wrote about how Maty Mauk’s worst turnover was getting suspended. Fredrickson talks about how the suspension may have cost Mauk the starting job for good if Lock performs well on Saturday.