2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
We are inching closer to Drew Lock’s first start for Missouri as the Tigers take on the South Carolina Gamecocks this Saturday. Here’s everything you need to know from around the Internet on what SECCountry.com hopes is a great Friday:
- The Columbia Daily Tribune’s David Morrison broke down the games of quarterbacks Maty Mauk and Drew Lock. Morrison spotlighted how the Tigers offense functions when Mauk is under center versus when Lock is in the game.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Ben Frederickson released his weekly scouting report for Saturday’s game. Frederickson breaks down the game including the best bets to keep an eye on.
- FOXSports.com takes a look at how coach Gary Pinkel handles young quarterbacks. Missouri fans should be excited about a possible win on Saturday as Pinkel is 6-0 when he plays a first-time starting quarterback.
- The Kansas City Star’s Tod Palmer wrote about how all eyes are on Lock, who was a highly-touted recruit out of Lee Summit High School. Palmer talked to multiple players and Lock’s dad, Andy, who was a former Mizzou offensive lineman.
- PowerMizzou.com’s Pete Scantlebury wrote a feature on freshman defensive lineman Terry Beckner Jr. and how coach Pinkel got not only a good player but a good person. The story also referenced Beckner Jr.’s family and what they mean to him.