2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Johnny Cueto was THAT GUY last night. Mizzou will need that kind of performance from Drew Lock on Saturday to knock off UGA, but it’s the guy Lock replaced that is still grabbing headlines — for things unrelated to football.
Here’s what you need to know now:
- The elephant in the room surrounding Mizzou football is the suspension of junior quarterback Maty Mauk. On Wednesday, coach Gary Pinkel maintained his stance of not discussing his quarterback’s disciplinary issues, including Mauk’s favoriting of controversial tweets following Saturday’s loss to Florida.
- Last week, former Florida linebacker Mike Taylor called Mizzou football players “upstanding citizens”, saying that they’re “too nice” on the field. On Wednesday, the university showed that generosity extends beyond athletics as it unveiled a plan to offer free admission to athletic events in exchange for donations to help flood victims in South Carolina.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet
- Pete Scantlebury sat down with Anthony Dasher to break down UGA. There is much more to the Bulldogs than Nick Chubb.
- Marcus Murphy left a hole in more than just Mizzou’s offense when he was drafted in the seventh round by the New Orleans Saints; he also left a gigantic void in the return game. While he has already made a name for himself on special teams in the NFL, the Tigers are still looking for his replacement. Blake Toppmeyer has a few ideas for who could provide a spark for Mizzou.
- Pinkel isn’t the most entertaining coach in the SEC. But his thoughts on Steve Spurrier, as well as everything else he said in Wednesday’s SEC teleconference are worth a read.
Best stories from around the SEC
- Tennessee’s Cam Sutton flying up draft boards
- Presidential candidate trying to steal the SEC’s swag?
- Kristian Fulton isn’t ready to commit, but here’s the latest on his recruitment
- 4-star linebacker to visit LSU after decommitting from USC
#Mizzou's defensive ranks in the SEC: Points allowed per game – 1st Yards pr carry – 2nd Passing yards per game – 1st Yards per play – 2nd
— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) October 14, 2015