Good morning! You’re alive, there’s Monday Night Football and Missouri has a skid-snapper on Saturday. An upcoming matchup with Vanderbilt is just what the doctor ordered after back-to-back losses. Sunday was a slow news cycle as the Tigers (obviously) didn’t receive any votes in either poll’s top 25, but there were a few headlines to follow.
Here are two things to know:
- Mizzou has built a reputation as one of the nation’s best at producing defensive ends, and the Tigers are hoping that tradition will help land New Orleans product Sci Martin. SEC interest in Martin is picking up thanks to 20 sacks in just seven games, and the Tigers are one of five SEC programs to have offered him.
- Another disappointing performance had a pair of former Mizzou wide receivers tweeting about the 9-6 loss to UGA. T.J. Moe and Bud Sasser both weighed in with opinions on the state of MU football, with Sasser even tweeting: “Stop being ok with being mediocre.”
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet:
- Dave Matter weighs in on a fizzling rushing attack, missed opportunities on the defensive end, former UGA star Todd Gurley and more.
- It’s been a season of ups and downs for Mizzou and it’ll take a lot to right the ship, writes Jeff Gordon.
- David Morrison takes a look at another superb defensive effort by Mizzou, which held UGA without a touchdown for the first time since 2010.