2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Happy hump day! The work week is at its halfway point, which brings us one step closer to football. At this point, that may not be the best thing ever depending on your team of choice. But if you’re a Missouri fan, then you know this week is pivotal for the Tigers’ bowl hopes.
Here are two things to know:
- Mizzou can still plan on going bowling, but just barely. Most pundits have the Tigers going to Shreveport, La. for the Independence Bowl. The coming weeks could see Mizzou make a push for a more tropical destination, or fall completely out of bowl contention. Here’s a look at the current projections.
- Cam Hilton’s two catches for 35 yards on Saturday is hardly the most impressive stat line ever. But, the freshman safety-turned-slot receiver is turning heads around Columbia. As for which position he will play in the future, coach Gary Pinkel is leaving that decision to Hilton.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet:
- Saturday’s matchup with Vanderbilt is a must-win for Mizzou. The Commodores return 18 starters from last year, like to throw the football and, along with a struggling Tiger offense, could offer the most fruitless offensive SEC game this season, wrote Blake Toppmeyer.
- Despite returning four of five starters, including NFL draft hopeful Evan Boehm, Mizzou was expecting to have one of the best offensive lines in the SEC. That hasn’t been the case so far and Dave Matter believes some changes must be made to correct the problems upfront.
- CBS Sports’ Adam Silverstein handed out awards and named his All-America Team for the season’s first half. And, not surprisingly, linebacker Kentrell Brothers was on it.