2 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
If you’re reading this then you likely care about Missouri football and if you spent any of your Saturday afternoon suffering through the Missouri-Vanderbilt game then there’s no way you’re feeling anything but nauseous this morning. I pray for your belly and your eyesight, maybe the Chiefs or Rams will rescue your football heart. Ha, see what I did there?
Here are two things to know:
- Lock:”The offensive line did a helluva job tonight. I just got to produce.”Mizzou’s offense and freshman quarterback Drew Lock have officially hit rock bottom. The Tigers managed just three points, failing to score a touchdown for the third consecutive game for the first time since 1937. In three October games Mizzou has managed just 12 points and 609 yards of total offense. Baylor has had more than 609 yards of total offense in six of its seven games this year. And, as if the third down woes couldn’t get any worse, the Tigers were an imperfect 0-14 on Saturday.
- The loss drops Mizzou into a dead heat with South Carolina for last place in the SEC. Fortunately, the Tigers did beat the Gamecocks head-to-head, 24-14, meaning that if both lose out Mizzou won’t be the conference doormat.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet
- After yet another embarrassing loss for the Tigers, PowerMizzou.com’s Pete Scantlebury asks what is next for Mizzou. A question that no one, including Pinkel, seems to have an answer to.
- It’s hard to make a game story of a contest that featured more reviews (8) than scoring drives (3), but Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison tried his best. Spoiler alert, the defense (somehow) tries to shoulder some of the blame.
Best stories from the SEC
- A.J. McCarron threw a few jabs following Alabama’s win over Tennessee
- Ole Miss OL Laremy Tunsil is still really good, in case you were wondering
- Kyle Allen was benched on Saturday, but who replaced him might surprise you
- Say cheese: Dan Mullen photobombs Heisman Trophy candidate QB
- What happens when you snap an 11-game SEC losing streak? You get soaked