3 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
It’s not the best morning if you’re a Missouri fan. The Tigers were handed their second loss in SEC play, falling to No. 11 Florida 21-3. Drew Lock played like a freshman and Gary Pinkel’s stagnant offense had its worst performance of the season.
Here are three things you need to know heading into this week:
- Pinkel: “Obviously offensively we are still having problems.” Mizzou’s head coach continues to be frustrated with a struggling offense that produced just 257 yards of total offense and a field goal in a 21-3 loss to No. 11 Florida.
- Drew Lock’s second start proved to be one of the worst starts for a Missouri quarterback under Pinkel. The freshman completed just 16 of his 39 attempts, passing for 151 yards and zero touchdowns. Lock also threw a pair of interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown and posted an adjusted QBR of 11.5. Pinkel also gave no indication of when junior quarterback Maty Mauk’s suspension will be lifted, saying “I said that when he’s back on the depth chart, that’s when he’ll be” back.”
- The bright spot for Mizzou was the play of running back Russell Hansbrough. The senior posted a season-high 74 yards on just nine carries Saturday, which is just 18 less yards than he had rushed for all season. Hansbrough, who rushed for 1,084 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2014, must continue to be an impact player on a Mizzou offense that lacks playmakers.
Other Missouri news from around the Internet
- Mizzou’s reign at the top of the SEC East is over, writes Joe Walljasper of the Columbia Tribune, saying that “Someone else from the East will be getting beat in Atlanta this year.”
- “It wasn’t pretty. At times, it was downright ugly,” writes ESPN’s Greg Ostendorf of Florida’s win over Missouri.
Other stories from around the SEC
- Alabama WR with embarrassing post-game slip
- Florida DB takes jabs at LSU
- Derrick Henry sets Alabama record
- Vols fan tries to rush field, gets tackled by stadium employee
The last 12 drives: Punt, missed field goal, punt, interception, missed field goal, punt, half, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt.
— David Morrison (@DavidCMorrison) October 11, 2015