3 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday! The Kansas City Royals grabbed a 2-0 lead in the World Series and the Show-Me State is buzzing. That wasn’t the only sports news going around in the state on Wednesday as Gary Pinkel and Missouri grabbed a few headlines as well.
Here are three things to know:
- Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel addressed Maty Mauk with the media for the first time since his junior quarterback’s suspension for a violation of team policies in September. While Pinkel didn’t go into great depth, he did offer some perspective on Mauk’s return.
- Traveling SEC Network pregame show, “SEC Nation” will be in Columbia, Mo. prior to kickoff of Mizzou’s tilt with No. 23 Mississippi State. The game — Mizzou’s first following this week’s open date — will be aired on ESPN on Nov. 5. It is the Tigers’ first Thursday night game since 2009.
- Former Mizzou wide receiver T.J. Moe took to Twitter to defend Pinkel, who some fans feel should be on the hot seat in the midst of the Tigers’ 4-4 start and one of the worst offensive seasons in program history.
Other Missouri news from around the Internet
- Mizzou hoops is less than a month away from tipping off. PowerMizzou.com’s Gabe DeArmond takes a look at the schedule ahead and where the Tigers should find some wins.
- Last year’s nine-win season was one of the most disastrous for Mizzou, on and off the court. DeArmond wrote that even with how 2014-15 ended, don’t let that team alter the expectations for the current team.