What a time to be a Missourian…
The Royals polished off their first World Series in 30 years with an 7-2 victory over the Mets, the Chiefs and Rams both picked up wins yesterday and Missouri didn’t lose on Saturday. Well, technically it was a bye week, but that always beats a loss, right? The Tigers have a short week of preparation with No. 24 Mississippi State coming to town on Thursday.
Here are three things to know:
- Well, in case you hadn’t heard, Maty Mauk got suspended. Again… That means freshman quarterback Drew Lock will make his fifth start of the season. Lock is 1-3 as a starter and the Tigers have scored just 36 points in his four starts.
- Gary Pinkel weighed in on the suspension of Mauk for the first time. While he didn’t go into detail on the disciplinary actions that Mizzou is taking, he did defend the suspension and his policy regarding suspensions.
- Thursday’s matchup with Mississippi State has major bowl implications, as the opportunities for Mizzou to pick up the two necessary wins to reach bowl eligibility dwindle. VegasInsider.com doesn’t like the Tigers chances at home against the Bulldogs.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet
- With the suspension of Maty Mauk and a huge upcoming game, there was no shortage of storylines for players and coaches to talk about on Sunday. Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison typed it all here.
- Mauk has been dealing with several issues, on and off the field, and while his teammates don’t exactly know what got the junior quarterback suspended, they are glad he’s getting help and believe he will be alright, wrote St. Louis Post Dispatch’s Dave Matter.
Best stories around the SEC
- LSU-Alabama game is rated the third-most important game remaining in 2015.
- Could Alabama DC Kirby Smart be headed to Virginia Tech?
- Randy Moss’ son is an elite football player, but his future remains in question.
- Greatest hits of the SEC: Week 9 edition.
- “One-loss Alabama isn’t better than undefeated Memphis,” says one SEC hater.