3 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
The streak is over! Missouri responded to the most trying week in program history with a 20-16 win over BYU at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, snapping a four-game losing skid and leaving the Tigers just one win away from bowl eligibility.
Here are three things to know:
- The emotional win over BYU was followed by one of the more emotional scenes you’ll see all season when coach Gary Pinkel was surrounded and mobbed by players chanting his name. Fans in the stadium also chanted “Gary Pinkel” late in the game.
- With all the tumult surrounding Pinkel’s Tigers over the past week, the school’s all-time winningest coach claimed that Saturday is “one of the best games I’ve been a part of.”
- Missouri’s defense was again able to come up with a superb effort, but it came without the services of highly-touted freshman Terry Beckner Jr., who left with an apparent knee injury.
Other Missouri news from around the Internet
- Russell Hansbrough had his first 100-yard rushing game of the season in Mizzou’s 20-16 win over BYU. The Columbia Tribune’s David Morrison recapped the win here.
- With just two games remaining in the regular season, the question of who will replace Pinkel will only gain more steam. Steven Lassan looked at seven guys who are worth consideration.