3 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
What a difference a week makes. Seven days ago the future of Missouri Football was unknown due to a team boycott and Monday the Tigers enter the final two games of the season needing one win to become bowl eligible. It will be another emotional week at the Tigers prepare for a date with Tennessee on Saturday, which will also double as Senior Day and Gary Pinkel’s final home game.
Here are three things to know:
- Mizzou snapped a four-game skid with a 20-16 win over a BYU team that had won five straight. Last Saturday’s game was the Tigers most complete performance of the season.
- “The Pinkel Dance” was back in the spotlight after a brief hiatus recently. Former Tigers and national media talked about the emotion in Mizzou’s win via Twitter.
- Mizzou Athletics Director Mack Rhoades will address the media about the university’s coaching search Wednesday, but here are eight candidates that could be in the mix.
Other Missouri news from around the Internet
- “The Week” is what Pinkel used to reference seven emotional days that ended with a huge win over BYU. Rivals’ Pete Scantlebury looked at the craziest seven days in the history of the program.
- “The game that almost wasn’t turned out to be the best thing for Missouri” wrote the Columbia Tribune’s Joe Walljasper.
- What happens when you hold a solid BYU offense to less than 300 yards of total offense and just 16 points? Well, if you’re Barry Odom, you’re named the defensive coordinator of the week by CoachingSearch.com.
The best stories around the SEC
- Lane Kiffin runs the sideline, does stiff arm, on Derrick Henry touchdown run.
- Todd Gurley offers NFL draft advice to LSU star Leonard Fournette.
- Could Toledo be the second best team in the SEC West? SEC haters think so.
- Like seeing large men getting blown up by other large men? Best Week 11 hits HERE.