4 things every Missouri fan needs to know today
Good morning! The Royals failed to close out the ALCS last night, letting down Missourians worldwide. The Tigers will attempt to not do the same for a third consecutive Saturday when they take on Vanderbilt. Highway closures may slow your commute to the stadium, but hopefully it doesn’t slow down either offense as much as Vegas is predicting.
Here are four things to know:
- Mizzou has put together one of the nation’s top defenses and it starts with linebackers Kentrell Brother and Michael Scherer. A legacy of great linemen has earned the Tigers front four the label “D-line Zou”, but the “Dirty Duo” has has guided Mizzou’s defense wrote Blake Toppmeyer.
- UGA receiver Malcolm Mitchell offered his own thoughts on the plays the Mizzou’s Gary Pinkel submitted to the SEC for review. And, as you can guess, he didn’t agree with Pinkel.
- Mizzou’s defense is the best in the SEC, but under Derek Mason, Vanderbilt will give Drew Lock one of the best defenses he’s seen this year.
- Gary Pinkel isn’t the most entertaining coach in the SEC, but read his thoughts in this week’s SEC teleconference here.
Other Mizzou news from around the Internet
- Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason offered his thoughts on the differences between Maty Mauk and Drew Lock.
- It will be a disappointing fall if Mizzou doesn’t make it to a bowl game. It could be a disappointing winter for Tiger fans as well with the men’s basketball program picked to finish last in the SEC.
- Steve Walentik reveals his ballot for preseason SEC hoops honors here. Surprisingly, he didn’t Missouri to finish last.