Prepare to be underwhelmed if you’re a Missouri fan. The latest bowl projections have the Tigers headed somewhere between Five Guys and IHOP if we’re comparing bowl games to restaurants.
The good news is, assuming Kentucky doesn’t win out, with games remaining against Florida and UGA, as well as the softest crossover games against SEC West teams, the potential certainly exists for the Tigers to again make a run to Atlanta and the SEC Championship game and greatly improve their bowl prospects.
Missouri had just enough offense this past Saturday to back a stellar defensive performance against a reeling South Carolina unit, 24-10. Despite the suspension of Maty Mauk, the offense seems to be heading in the right direction. A win this weekend against No. 11 Florida would definitely alter where pundits think the Tigers will spend the postseason.
Early projections are all over the board, with the consensus being the Texas Bowl, sending Mizzou back down memory lane for a date with a Big 12 opponent. Here’s what the pundits are saying this week:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — Music City Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) — Independence Bowl vs. Georgia Tech
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Texas Bowl vs. Texas Tech
- ESPN (David Ching) — Belk Bowl (no opponent listed)
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — Texas Bowl vs. West Virginia
- SaturdayDownSouth.com (Brad Crawford) — Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Music City Bowl vs. Wisconsin
SEC Film Study: Florida is 5-0 because of what the Gators progression up front http://t.co/bPWQIkZbFY
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 6, 2015