If Mel Kiper’s first attempt at a mock draft is any indication, the first night of the 2017 NFL Draft is going to be a fun one for SEC fans.
The long-time ESPN draft expert released his first attempt at a mock draft on Thursday, and it included 14 SEC players in the first round (32 picks).
Kiper tabbed Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett as the No. 1 overall selection, and had four more SEC players in his Top 10. He projects five Alabama players to be included in the first round, and a pair of LSU players to come off the board within the first eight picks of the draft.
Here’s a look at the teams he predicts will land SEC stars in the first round:
1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, Texas A&M, DE
3. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen, Alabama, DL
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jamal Adams, LSU, S
7. San Diego Chargers: Cam Robinson, Alabama, OT
8. Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette, LSU, RB
11. New Orleans Saints: Reuben Foster, Alabama, LB
13. Arizona Cardinals: Teez Tabor, Florida, CB
14. Philadelphia Eagles: Quincy Wilson, Florida, CB
18. Tennessee Titans: Marlon Humphrey, Alabama, CB
21. Detroit Lions: Tim Williams, Alabama, OLB
22. Miami Dolphins: Jarrad Davis, Florida, LB
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Charles Harris, Missouri, OLB
31. Atlanta Falcons: Derek Barnett, Tennessee, DE
32. New England Patriots: O.J. Howard, Alabama, TE