The Opening has become one of the most revered competitions in the world of college football recruiting.
Many of the nation’s elite prospects participate in regional competitions for a chance to go to Oregon to be a part of the elite “finals” roster for the event run by Nike.
It’s a great chance to gain national exposure, so it’s no surprise that recruits get really excited about the opportunity to participate.
Recently, The Opening revealed the final rosters for the 2016 competition.
Here’s a look at the SEC commitments who made the cut:
- Markail Benton, LB, Alabama commitment
- Trey Blount, WR, Georgia commitment
- D.D. Bowie, WR, Ole Miss commitment
- Myles Brennan, QB, LSU commitment
- Saahdiq Charles, OL, LSU commitment
- Vandarius Cowan, LB, Alabama commitment
- Austin Deculus, OL, LSU commitment
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU commitment
- Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia commitment
- Maleik Gray, DB, Tennessee commitment
- Najee Harris, RB, Alabama commitment
- Jaden Hunter, LB, Georgia commitment
- Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama commitment
- Richard LeCounte, DB, Georgia commitment
- Xavier McKinney, DB, Alabama commitment
- William Poole III, DB, Georgia commitment
- Tyler Shelvin, DB, LSU commitment
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama commitment
It’s safe to say the league will be well-represented, and with many of the recruits attending still undecided on a college choice, there is a potential we may be watching even more future SEC athletes during this event and just don’t know it yet.
In unsurprising news, Alabama has the most commitments on the list with six receiving invites to the finals. LSU and Georgia follow closely with five each, while Ole Miss and Tennessee each have one.