The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery takes place on Tuesday, May 16 at 8:30 p.m. ET and the results should be revealed around 8:55 p.m. ET. The draft lottery will be shown on ESPN and is available to stream on WatchESPN.
Fourteen teams are hoping for some good luck from ping pong balls. The Brooklyn Nets had the NBA’s worst record during the 2016-17 season, but the Boston Celtics have the rights to the Nets’ draft pick — which has a 25 percent shot at being No. 1 overall. The Suns, Lakers, 76ers and Magic also have better than an 8 percent chance to get the top pick.
The NBA Draft Lottery will determine the NBA Draft order. The NBA Draft will take place on June 22 in Brooklyn.
2017 NBA Draft Lottery: Live updates
Tweets about from:@NBADraft OR from:@NBA OR from:@ESPNNBA OR from:@celtics OR from:@sixers OR from:@suns OR from:@orlandomagic OR from:@timberwolves OR from:@brooklynnets OR from:@nyknicks OR from:@NBAonTNT
2017 NBA Draft Lottery: Odds
The NBA’s worst team has the best odds to win the top pick (Brooklyn Nets). The lottery team with the best record has the worst odds to win the lottery (Miami Heat). The Nets had the worst record at 20-62, but the Celtics can swap the first-round picks.
|TEAM||Odds for No. 1 pick||Odds for top-2 pick||Odds for top-3 pick|
|Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets)*||25.0||46.5||64.3|
|Los Angeles Lakers**||15.6||31.3||46.9|
|New York Knicks||5.3||11.3||18.3|
|New Orleans Pelicans****||1.1||2.4||4.0|
*The Celtics can swap picks with the Nets.
**If the Lakers’ pick falls outside the top 3, the 76ers get the pick.
***The 76ers can swap picks with the Kings if the Kings get a higher pick. But if the Kings’ pick falls outside the top 10, the pick goes to the Bulls.
****The Pelicans’ first-round pick would go to the Kings if the pick stays outside the top 3.
2017 NBA Draft order
The order for the first 14 picks of 2017 NBA Draft will be determined by Tuesday night’s draft lottery. Here is the order for the rest of the draft.
NOTE: Nos. 1-14 will be revealed Tuesday night with the 2017 NBA Draft Lottery.
15. Portland Trail Blazers
16. Chicago Bulls
17. Milwaukee Bucks
18. Indiana Pacers
19. Atlanta Hawks
20. Portland Trail Blazers (via Memphis, via Denver and Cleveland)
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
22. Brooklyn Nets (via Washington)
23. Toronto Raptors (via Los Angeles Clippers via Milwaukee)
24. Utah Jazz
25. Orlando Magic (via Toronto)
26. Portland Trail Blazers (via Cleveland)
27. Brooklyn Nets (via Boston)
28. Los Angeles Lakers (via Houston)
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Utah Jazz (via Golden State)
31. Atlanta Hawks (via Brooklyn)
32. Phoenix Suns
33. Orlando Magic (via Los Angeles Lakers)
34. Sacramento Kings (via New York via New Orleans)
35. Orlando Magic
36/37. Philadelphia 76ers (via New York, via Utah and Toronto)
36/37. Boston Celtics (via Minnesota via Phoenix)
38. Chicago Bulls (via Sacramento Kings)
39. Philadelphia 76ers (via Dallas)
40. New Orleans Pelicans
41. Charlotte Hornets
42. Utah Jazz (via Detroit)
43. Houston Rockets (via Denver)
44. New York Knicks (via Chicago)
45. Houston Rockets (via Portland)
46. Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami via Atlanta)
47. Indiana Pacers
48. Milwaukee Bucks
49. Denver Nuggets (via Memphis via Oklahoma City)
50. Philadelphia 76ers (via Atlanta)
51. Denver Nuggets (via Oklahoma City)
52. Washington Wizards
53. Boston Celtics (via Cleveland)
54. Phoenix Suns (via Toronto)
55. Utah Jazz
56. Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers)
57. Brooklyn Nets (via Boston)
58. New York Knicks (via Houston)
59. San Antonio Spurs
60. Atlanta Hawks (via Golden State, via Philadelphia via Utah)
NOTE: When teams finish with the same record, the second-round order will be in reverse order from the first round. Also, the second-round picks involving the Timberwolves and Knicks depends on the results of the 2017 NBA Draft Lottery on Tuesday.
2017 NBA Draft Lottery: Teams
The 14 teams that do not qualify for the NBA playoffs are entered into the lottery. However, because of the Nets trade, the Eastern Conference No. 1 seed Celtics have the best odds.
Here are the draft lottery teams, listed by record.
- Nets 20-62
- Suns 24-58
- Lakers 26-56
- 76ers 28-54
- Magic 29-53
- Timberwolves 31-51
- Knicks 31-51
- Kings 32-50
- Mavericks 33-49
- Pelicans 34-48
- Hornets 36-46
- Pistons 37-45
- Nuggets 40-42
- Heat 41-41