It wasn’t too long ago that the NCAA Tournament aired on just one TV channel. Fans wanting to see every minute of a particular game had to watch online. Before the days of the Internet, fans were stuck with one game.
But in today’s tournament, every second of each game is live on television. It’s just sometimes an adventure finding the right channel. The tournament is aired on four different channels, one of which has an audience much, much smaller than the others — truTV.
If you aren’t familiar with the channel, it is a satellite-cable division of Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting System.
When truTV isn’t airing NCAA Tournament games, it’s home to prank and reality shows, including ones with interesting names, including Hardcore Pawn. But if your basketball team is on truTV this week, we’re here to help you find the correct channel.
truTV channel listing
AT&T & U-Verse: 164 or 1164
Cablevision: 58 or 758
Charter: 76 or 724
Dish: 242 or 9430
Time Warner/Spectrum: 47 or 112
Verizon FiOS: 183 or 683
If you’re subscribing to a different provider, find out if truTV is included in your package here based on your ZIP code.
Below are the games which truTV will be broadcasting during March Madness. All times are listed in ET.
Thursday, March 16
- No. 5 Virginia vs. No. 12 UNC Wilmington, 12:40 p.m.
- No. 4 Florida vs. No. 13 East Tennessee State, 3:10 p.m.
- No. 4 Purdue vs. No. 13 Vermont, 7:27 p.m.
- No. 5 Iowa State vs. No. 12 Nevada, 9:57 pm
Friday, March 17
- No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 14 New Mexico State, 12:40 p.m.
- No. 6 SMU vs. No. 11 Southern Cal/Providence, 3:10 p.m.
- No. 6 Cincinnati vs. No. 11 Kansas State, 7:27 p.m.
- No. 3 UCLA vs. No. 14 Kent State, 9:57 p.m.