Happy Tuesday, everyone.
It was a busy start to the week with Hugh Freeze holding his weekly Monday press conference and appearing on his radio show. In practice, Ole Miss is already getting ready for Memphis on Saturday.
Here’s what every Ole Miss fan needs to know today:
- Freeze said he was expecting to hear back from the NCAA regarding the Laremy Tunsil investigation. An update came on Monday night. Tunsil will return in Week 8 against Texas A&M.
- Ole Miss destroyed New Mexico State on Saturday 52-3, but the Rebels stayed at No. 5 in the SEC Country Power Rankings
- Michael Divinity, 4-star linebacker from Louisiana, committed to LSU on Monday, which is disappointing as Ole Miss was one of his final five choices.
Other Ole Miss stories from around the Internet
- Ole Miss wraps up its out-of-conference schedule this Saturday, but it is no cupcake game. The Rebels will travel to Memphis to play the Tigers.
- Freeze called Saturday’s matchup the Super Bowl for the Tigers. Bleacher Report’s Justin Ferguson writes Ole Miss should be on upset alert against Memphis.
- In order to avoid an upset, the Rebels are focusing on stopping Tigers quarterback Paxton Lynch.
Best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina Steve Spurrier retires
- Florida coach Jim McElwain calls Will Grier suspension “an honest mistake”
- Former Texas A&M wide receiver to be charged with murder in Dallas
- Missouri QB Maty Mauk remains off the depth for third straight week
- LSU LB Lamar Louis: “Things might be going our way”
- Opinion: Tennessee’s Butch Jones enjoys signature win over UGA
Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil to return for Texas A&M on Oct. 24 http://t.co/Y2OLABdw7b
— CollegeFootballTalk (@CFTalk) October 13, 2015