Spring football is nearly here and with that there was plenty of news leading up to the beginning of Alabama’s next title defense.
Here are six things to know:
- Our Alabama spring football preview continues with a look at the specialists. What will ‘Bama’s special teams units look like in 2016?
- Perhaps Nick Saban has a career in politics. A small contingency of students thought so. Check out how many votes Saban got in the student government elections.
- It wasn’t a great week on the recruiting trail for Alabama. Here’s a recap of it all.
- Who are the 50 best Alabama players during the Nick Saban era? It was a tough list to narrow down. Here’s the first 10.
- Former quarterback A.J. McCarron’s incredible career at Alabama almost never happened. Read how the two-time champion nearly left Tuscaloosa, Ala., after his freshman year.
- Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin is reportedly getting a divorce from his wife. How will Kiffin’s personal life affect his coaching ability?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Where are Alabama’s players expected to land in the latest batch of NFL mock drafts? AL.com’s Mark Inabinett took a glimpse at the projections.
The best stories around the SEC
- Former Tennessee great Peyton Manning retired on Monday. Here’s a look at some of his best moments in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Manning will leave the game as one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. His legacy began in the SEC.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze had some interesting things to say about freshman quarterback Shea Patterson.
- Former Auburn quarterback Zeke Pike is facing multiple drug possession charges.
NEXT 5 intriguing SEC storylines to watch in spring practice