For the second straight year, Florida manhandled UGA despite Treon Harris completing only eight passes. For those fans keeping count, the Gators have completed a total of 11 passes the past two years against UGA and have outscored the Bulldogs 55-23. To say the UGA program is an utter mess right now would be a giant understatement. With that said, Florida took care of business Saturday and is now a win over Vanderbilt from clinching the SEC East.
Here are seven things you need to know:
- Jim McElwain should be in the conversation to be the national coach of the year. I could not agree more. McElwain has completely turned around the program and is only going to get better.
- Despite a beatdown of UGA, McElwain is already looking ahead to Vanderbilt. With the way the team played, maybe the guys deserve a day off, no?
- Jordan Cronkrite was ejected for targeting and will miss the first half of the Vanderbilt game. What an awful call. How does this not get overturned after the replay? Just terrible.
- Treon Harris is now 2-0 against UGA. But really, he should credit the defense for that record. Harris did not look good Saturday.
- The Gators once again win the special teams battle. With the offense struggling, the special teams play, outside of the kicking situation, was phenomenal.
- Vanderbilt-UF will air on ESPN this upcoming Saturday at noon. Let’s hope the Florida heat isn’t too bad, even though it is November.
- Cool moment at the Florida-UGA game. Very awesome and well-deserved.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Jim McElwain has replaced Mark Richt as the best coach in the SEC East (Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel).
- Florida is in the middle of a very special season.Who really expected to be in this situation this season? (Tom Jones, Tampa Bay Times)
- Awesome picture of McElwain and freshman wide receiver Antonio Callway.