Alabama listed as the favorite to take home the SEC Championship
The undefeated LSU Tigers are not listed as the favorites to win the SEC title. In fact, the Tigers have only the third-best odds to do so.
Alabama is listed as a 5:4 favorite to win the conference championship, according to Sportsbook.ag. Florida has 13:10 odds to win the SEC, and LSU is third on Sportsbook’s list with 3:1 odds.
The SEC Championship race will take shape this weekend when Alabama and LSU square off in a titanic showdown in Tuscaloosa, Ala. LSU would control its destiny with a victory over the Crimson Tide. However, the Tigers have a daunting stretch against Arkansas, Ole Miss and Texas A&M to close out the season.
Ole Miss already controls its destiny to the SEC West crown, but it was not given great odds (17:4) to win the conference title. The Rebels knocked off Alabama earlier in the season and will host LSU in a few weeks.
The other SEC teams listed by Sportsbook are all long shots. Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia were given 300:1 odds, while Texas A&M and Mississippi State were given astronomical 1,000:1 odds to win the conference.
- Report: UGA “Power brokers” discussing a departure from Mark Richt era
- Kirk Herbstreit has one SEC school in his College Football Playoff prediction
- LSU-Alabama showdown a hotbed for future NFL talent
- Alabama quarterback: Derrick Henry “gets overshadowed” by LSU running back Leonard Fournette
- LSU radio broadcaster will miss first football game in over 30 years