The undefeated LSU Tigers are not listed as the favorites to win the SEC title. In fact, the Tigers have only the third-best odds to do so.
Alabama is listed as a 5:4 favorite to win the conference championship, according to Sportsbook.ag. Florida has 13:10 odds to win the SEC, and LSU is third on Sportsbook’s list with 3:1 odds.
The SEC Championship race will take shape this weekend when Alabama and LSU square off in a titanic showdown in Tuscaloosa, Ala. LSU would control its destiny with a victory over the Crimson Tide. However, the Tigers have a daunting stretch against Arkansas, Ole Miss and Texas A&M to close out the season.
Ole Miss already controls its destiny to the SEC West crown, but it was not given great odds (17:4) to win the conference title. The Rebels knocked off Alabama earlier in the season and will host LSU in a few weeks.
The other SEC teams listed by Sportsbook are all long shots. Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia were given 300:1 odds, while Texas A&M and Mississippi State were given astronomical 1,000:1 odds to win the conference.
- Report: UGA “Power brokers” discussing a departure from Mark Richt era
- Kirk Herbstreit has one SEC school in his College Football Playoff prediction
- LSU-Alabama showdown a hotbed for future NFL talent
- Alabama quarterback: Derrick Henry “gets overshadowed” by LSU running back Leonard Fournette
- LSU radio broadcaster will miss first football game in over 30 years