Best quotes from around the SEC: “Everybody was angry and upset”
What’s up, SEC fans? For the first time since the beginning of September there are no SEC football games this weekend. It feels weird.
Alabama is busy preparing for the College Football Playoff and several SEC teams are a few weeks away from their respective bowl games. Additionally, the Heisman finalists were announced this week. A lot is going on.
Here are some of the best quotes from around the conference this week:
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette: “Everybody was angry and upset.”
At the beginning of the season, Fournette seemed like a surefire Heisman finalist, but when the list came out this week, he was not on it.
- Kentucky men’s basketball coach John Calipari: “We’re the most inexperienced team in the country, and we show it.”
The Wildcats put Eastern Kentucky away with a 21-point win, but Calipari still isn’t completely satisfied with his team right now.
- Board of Supervisors member Blake Chatelain in an email regarding LSU coach Les Miles: “How much longer do we have on his contract?”
Find out what was said behind the scenes via email about the Les Miles saga. Fans weighed in, too.
- Fournette: “Everybody knows it’s a business. We took it personal.”
Fournette has made it clear he thoroughly enjoys playing for Les Miles, so when the uncertainty about Miles’ future at LSU exploded, he took it hard.
- “Did you see where I got my undergraduate degree? I don’t think I understand the question.”
South Carolina’s new coach, Will Muschamp, is a UGA grad. When a reporter asked him a lengthy question during his first press conference in his new role, Muschamp joked about his alma mater.
- Florida quarterback commit Feleipe Franks: “I’m sold on it. I’m not going to de-commit and re-commit three times.”
Florida is also recruiting a 5-star quarterback, Jacob Eason, but that doesn’t matter to Franks. He’ll stay a Gator after flipping from LSU.
- Alabama running back Derrick Henry to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz on winning the Heisman: “It would be a dream come true. It makes my heart beat even thinking about it.”
Henry is a finalist and the winner will be announced Saturday. He was also named the SEC Offensive Player of the Year.