It’s the last week of the regular season. Rivalries are in full swing and the SEC’s coaches and players are gearing up for an exciting Saturday. Here are some of the conference’s best quotes of the week so far:
- ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit: “They’re not having a great year, but nothing would make their fan base happier than to take chances, go for it on fourth down, mix it up. Fake punt. Fake field goal. Blitz a lot. Be very, very aggressive. What the heck; you have nothing to lose.
Auburn takes on Alabama in the Iron Bowl this weekend and while Herbstreit called Nick Saban “a magician,” he also said the Crimson Tide can’t get too complacent.
- LSU coach Les Miles: “I’m not going to look to defend, or make a case (for my job). That’s really not what I’m going (to) do. I love the place, I work hard. I’m not going to get into what is my view.
Miles’ days at LSU could be over soon. The coach, who always comes through with a strong quote, was perfectly honest again Wednesday on the SEC teleconference.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney: “I will miss Coach Spurrier from a college football standpoint because he’s one of the best to ever walk the sidelines.”
Clemson and South Carolina will matchup for their annual rivalry this weekend, but it won’t be the same without Steve Spurrier there.
- College Football Playoff committee chairman Jeff Long: “Clemson was solidly in that No. 1 spot, and there was no real indication that Alabama was going to challenge them for that No. 1 spot in this week’s rankings.”
The new Playoff rankings came out Tuesday and Alabama is still sitting at No. 2.
- Auburn Football’s Twitter account: “We’ve heard “some people” don’t know who Carl Lawson is. They can’t say that now.”
One of Alabama’s seniors didn’t know who Lawson was, so the Tigers responded.
- LSU recruit Adrian Ealy: “If anybody can turn that team around, it will be him.”
SEC Country talked to a few LSU recruits to get their take on the Miles rumors.