We’re coming down the home stretch but the drama isn’t slowing down. Neither are the quotes. Your favorite SEC teams were colorful this week, so we put all the best material in one place.
Here’s a collection of the five best quotes from the weekend:
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel: “What they went through last week, to be able to pull together says so much about these kids. Those guys mean so much to me.”
Pinkel was speaking to SEC Network’s Maria Taylor about an extremely emotional week for the Missouri football program.
- Alabama linebacker Ryan Anderson: “We had nine today? Aw, s***.”
Anderson had been asked about his thoughts on Alabama’s nine sacks against Mississippi State on Saturday.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban: “He’s fast. He’s faster than people think. He’s faster than he looks.”
Nick Saban was speaking about running back Derrick Henry, a Heisman candidate who has stepped up in a massive way for the Crimson Tide.
- UGA coach Mark Richt: “He injured Rico? Oh, I wish I didn’t know that.”
Mark Richt found out in his postgame press conference that assistant coach Mike Ekeler had accidentally shaken up defensive back Rico McGraw when he hit him in the head out of excitement on the sideline. Richt seemed to be in good spirits about it, indicating it was nothing too serious.
- LSU coach Les Miles: “Just know that there’s nobody more hurt than the players that are wearing the purple and gold and there’s nobody more responsible than myself… I can tell you they’ll reconvene on Monday. I got a good character group of men that want to play better than they did.”
Miles addressed LSU’s loss to Arkansas.