Best quotes from around the SEC: “They ran through our ass like sh** through a tin horn”
The season might be winding down, but the quote game isn’t going anywhere. In fact, as we get closer and closer to the College Football Playoff, coaches, players and analysts seem to be getting more fired up. Here’s a look at five of the best quotes of the week.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban: “Y’all don’t remember the Georgia Southern game do you? … they ran through our ass like sh** through a tin horn.”
Saban went on a rant about how even though his team plays FCS foe Charleston Southern this weekend, the Crimson Tide will not be taking its opponent lightly or using the game as a way to play reserves.
- Missouri athletic director Mack Rhoades: “I’m not locked into any certain candidate whatsoever because it’s about fit. I’m not into the hottest names. I’m more about winning titles.”
Rhoades is confident Missouri has a shot at winning a national title some day, and he wants whoever takes over in place of Gary Pinkel next year to make strides toward that. Pinkel will step down at the end of the season to fight non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Scout.com director of basketball recruiting Evan Daniels: “In my mind, without question, this is the No. 1 recruiting class in the country … this is up there with one of his best.”
- Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski: “God was good to him. The gene pool was good. They didn’t give him height, but they gave him, probably, a heart that’s five times bigger than most people.”
- Fox sports analyst Joel Klatt: “I think that the committee is basically cooking the books like Enron is cooking the books.”
Klatt was on a radio show talking about the College Football Playoff committee and how he doesn’t see eye to eye with it. Klatt thinks the committee is biased, and compared it to Houston’s infamous company that went bankrupt.