This much we know: Fans better bring their umbrellas to Athens on Saturday.
Mother Nature will decide just how much it rains — and when — but several prognosticators are pretty sure the precipitation will come down hard. Here is the forecast, as of 9:35 pm ET on Thursday night.
- Weather.com: 62 degrees, 90 percent chance of rain, 9 mph winds
- Accuweather.com: 63 degrees, 65 percent chance of rain, 19 percent chance of thunderstorms
- WeatherUnderground.com: 60 degrees, 92 percent chance of rain, 8 mph winds
- WeatherForYou.com: 78-degree high, 100 percent chance of rain, 13 mph winds
- Intellicast.com: 61-degree high, 90 percent chance of rain, 5-10 mph winds
Alabama coach Nick Saban did not address the forecast this week. But UGA coach Mark Richt did so on Wednesday, saying that the team’s gameplan would likely remain the same.
“It has to be coming down really hard to change the plan,” Richt said. “Or the wind has to be coming down really hard, with or without rain, to change what you’re doing.”
#Bama's yet to allow a 100 yd rusher this season. In 2012 they didn't allow one either, until Gurley in the SEC Championship…Chubb's turn?
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 1, 2015